- Dermal fillers can be used to revolumise areas of the face to non-surgically enhance the shape of the face, or to lift the face
- Common areas for treatment with dermal fillers include; lips, cheeks, tear troughs, chin, nose, brows, nasolabial folds, mouth corners, and wrinkles (static wrinkles).
- There are a number of temporary dermal fillers available at MPM Aesthetic Medicals lasting from 4 months to 2 years.
- Dermal fillers when effectively used can give instant results. Further, the effect improves when absorbs/binds water.
- Permanent fillers have a greater rate of serious complications such as infection and lumps and generally are not recommended at MPM Aesthetic Medicals
- There may be temporary side effects post-treatment, including mild redness, swelling, asymmetry and bruising.
- The dermal fillers used at MPM Aesthetic Medicals safe and effective.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are used to revolumise the face. Lost volume may manifest as a fold, wrinkle, flattening or shriveling of an area. Facial volume loss is one of the key factors in the ageing process, and dermal fillers can help to replenish this lost volume and rejuvenate the face.
Dermal fillers can also be used for non-surgical facial enhancement, including;
- lip enhancement,
- cheek enhancement
- disguising eyebags/filling tear troughs
- nose reshaping
- chin enhancement
- brow shaping/lifting
- non-surgical facelift
- non-surgical jowl reduction
At MPM Aesthetic Medicals, we only use temporary fillers lasting from 4 to 24 months, and some are composed of substances that are naturally found in the skin.
Dermal fillers are commonly used in conjunction with anti-wrinkle injections that help to relax the muscles of facial expression.